US 30 Environmental Impact Statement and
Phase I Design Report
CAG Roles and Responsibilities
The Illinois Department of Transportation has created a Community Advisory
Group (CAG) for which stakeholders represent organizations, agencies, special
interest groups, property owners, farmers, business leaders, and homeowners from
the project study area. The members will learn more about the project, share
their views, and discuss project issues with one another and IDOT in a group
The following are a list of CAG member roles and responsibilities:
- Identify criteria that reflect the
ideas and interests of the community (e.g. safety, severance of farms).
- Develop a Problem Statement.
- Participate in exercises to visualize
and suggest engineering and aesthetic concepts for enhancing the project.
- Provide ideas and information to be
directly used in the development of project documents and the potential
corridors and alignments of US 30.
- Attend meetings designed to share
project related information and to elicit input from the CAG members.
- Members are responsible for sharing the
information they learn with the groups they represent.
- Members must bring the various
perspectives of their representative groups to the CAG discussion.