|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||CONTACT: 217/782-6953|
|AUGUST 22, 2002||TTY: 217/524-4875|
SPRINGFIELD, ILL., -- The Illinois Department of Transportation will open
bids on September 20, 2002 for various road and bridge
improvement projects located throughout the state. Also included are
two aeronautics projects and two land reclamation projects.
Following is a list of the projects by county:
1P. Madison County, IL 255, District 8, 3.07 km of
widening and resurfacing to four lanes along IL 111 from just south of Jackson
Drive to north of Airline Drive in Wood River and Bethalto. Also includes the
reconstruction of Airline Drive to four lanes and the construction of a bridge
over IL 255 in Bethalto. Completion Date October 15, 2003 Plus 20 Working Days.
2. Grundy-Livingston Counties, I-55, District 3, 3.0 miles of shoulder work
and bituminous concrete resurfacing on the mainline and ramps on Interstate 55
from IL 17 (milepost 217) to IL 47 (milepost 220) near Dwight. 15 Working Days.
2P. Madison County, IL 255, District 8, 0.66 kilometer of grading, paving and
signing for the reconstruction of IL 140 at Bethalto including right and left
turn lanes and the installation of traffic signals at the Point Diamond
Interchange. Also included is the construction of 0.16 kilometer of a two-lane
service road north of IL 140. Completion Date July 15, 2003.
3. Hardin County, Bassett Road, District 9, 6.242 km of bituminous
resurfacing, culvert extensions and other miscellaneous items on Bassett Road
from Elizabethtown northerly. 70 Working Days.
3P. Madison County, IL 255, District 8, On IL 255, the construction of a 3
span structure carrying IL 255 over IL 140 at Bethalto. Completion Date July 31,
4. Jefferson County, Wells Bypass, District 7, 1.016 miles of pavement
replacement, storm sewer, and earthwork along 45th Street (Wells Bypass) from IL
15 south approximately one mile in Mt. Vernon. 115 Working Days.
4P. Madison County, IL 255 (Alton Bypass), District 8, 7.05 kilometers of
grading, paving, bituminous shoulders, five concrete box culverts, and three
concrete noise barrier walls on IL 255 (Alton Bypass) from IL 143 to IL 140.
Completion Date July 31, 2004.
5. Jefferson County, Richview Road, District 7, 3.098 miles of bituminous
base course widening and resurfacing of Richview Road from 4 miles NW of
Woodlawn to 0.25 miles north of TR 109. 30 Working Days.
5P. Madison County, IL 157, District 8, 1.90 km of widening, resurfacing or
reconstruction of IL 157 to four lanes with a center bi-directional turn lane
from south of Center Grove Road northerly Lewis Road in Edwardsville. Completion
Date November 01, 2003.
6. Kane County, IL 25, District 1, 2.16 miles milling and bituminous concrete
resurfacing on IL 25 from Chalmers Street to Laurel Street in Geneva and
Batavia. 30 Working Days.
6P. Madison County, IL 159, District 8, 3.64 km of widening and resurfacing
to five lanes on IL 159 from north of I-270 to Harvard Drive in Edwardsville.
Also includes construction of relocated IL 159, the reconstruction of Kettle
River Drive and Cougar Road, the widening and resurfacing of Center Grove Road
to add through and right turn lanes and the extension of pedestrian box culvert,
all located in Glen Carbon and Edwardsville. Completion Date June 15, 2004.
7. LaSalle County, Wenzel Road, District 3, 0.56 miles of pavement
reconstruction with curb and gutter, storm sewer, sidewalks and bituminous
pavement on Wenzel Road from IL 251 to 2,940 feet east in Peru. Completion Date
September 30, 2003.
7P. Cook-DuPage Counties, I-290/IL 53, District 1, 7.35 miles of roadway
reconstruction widening, drainage improvements and highway lighting on I-290 and
IL 53 from Thorndale Avenue to IL 58 (Golf Road). Also includes rehabilitation
of the I-290/IL 53 bridge over IL 72 (Higgins Road) in Schaumburg, Elk Grove
Village and Itasca. Completion Date October 31, 2003 Plus 20 Working Days.
8. Marshall County, Tax School Road, District 3, 5.4 miles of bituminous
resurfacing with aggregate shoulders and guardrail on Tax School Road from IL 17
north to IL 26, approximately 5 miles north of Lacon. 30 Working Days.
9. Williamson County, Bandyville Road, District 9, 1.49 miles resurfacing
with four foot aggregate shoulders on Bandyville Road from Stotlar Street to
Crenshaw Road in Herrin. 30 Working Days.
10. Winnebago County, Prairie Hill Road, District 2, 1.952 miles of
resurfacing, aggregate shoulders, turn lanes and traffic signals on Prairie Hill
Road between IL 2 and IL 251 in South Beloit. Completion Date May 31, 2003.
11. Bureau County, I-80, District 2, Bridge rehabilitation and widening on
both structures carrying I-80 over West Bureau Creek 2 miles, north of Wyanet.
95 Working Days.
12. Cook County, Madison Street, District 1, Beam and bearing fabrication for
the upcoming replacement of the Madison Street bridge over Des Plaines River in
Mayfield and River Forest. Completion Date April 30, 2003.
13. Cook County, I-190, District 1, repairs on the substructure and beams of
4 existing structures carrying I-190 (Kennedy Expressway) over Des Plaines River
at 2 locations in Rosemont and 2 locations in Chicago. 30 Working Days.
14. Cook County, I-57, District 1, Beam and bearing fabrication for 6
structures along I-57 (NB) from north of I-80 to south of I-90/94 in Chicago,
Calumet City, Blue Island, Riverdale, Dixmoor, Posen, Markham, Hazel Crest, and
Country Club Hills. Completion Date April 30, 2003.
15. Cook County, US 12/20/45 (LaGrange Rd.), District 1, Removal and
replacement of the superstructure of the US 12/20/45 (LaGrange Road) bridge over
Salt Creek in Cook County Forest Preserve and Westchester. Completion Date
October 15, 2003 Plus 15 Working Days.
16. Jackson County, Dutch Ridge Road, District 9, Construction of a single
span bridge & other miscellaneous items, carrying Dutch Ridge Rd. over Cedar
Creek 6 miles southwest of Carbondale. 30 Working Days.
17. Kane County, IL 25, District 1, Removal and replacement of the bridge
carrying IL 25 over CA & E Railroad, also culvert improvements and approach
roadway resurfacing, in Batavia. Completion Date October 31, 2003 Plus 10
18. Kane County, US 30/IL 56 (EB), District 1, Beam replacement on the
structure carrying US 30/IL 56 (EB) over IL 47 in Sugar Grove. 15 Working Days.
19. Kane County, US 20, District 1, Bridge repairs on the existing structure
carrying US 20 over IL 25/Liberty Street located in Elgin. 15 Working Days.
20. Knox County, US 150, District 4, Removal of the existing structure and
replace with a double box culvert carrying US 150 over a branch of South
Henderson Creek, 3 miles north of US 34, near Knoxville. Completion Date
September 30, 2003 Plus 15 Working Days.
21. Lake County, Sheridan Road, District 1, Removal and replacement of the
superstructure, and substructure repairs on the bridges carrying Sheridan Road
over a drainage ditch located 0.4 miles north of Lake-Cook Road in Highland
Park. Completion Date September 15, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
22. Lake County, IL 173 & IL 176, District 1, Deck beam replacement on the
structures carrying IL 173 over Des Plaines River in Lake Bluff and IL 176 over
East Skokie Ditch in Newport Township. 45 Working Days.
23. Lake County, US 14, District 1, Bridge repairs on the structure carrying
US 14 over Flint Creek Tributary in Barrington. 30 Working Days.
24. Lake County, IL 137, District 1, Removal and replacement of the
superstructure of the bridge carrying IL 137 over IL 137 (westbound) off ramp
located 1.8 miles west of IL 21 near Libertyville. Completion Date October 31,
2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
25. Madison County, I-270, District 8, Beam and deck repair on the structure
carrying eastbound I-270 over IL 3 at the north edge of Granite City. Completion
Date May 16, 2003.
26. Rock Island County, I-74, District 2, Removal and replacement of deck
overlay, bearing assembly, expansion joints superstructure repair and painting
of 6 structures carrying I-74 and ramps from the Mississippi River to south of
7th Street in Moline. Completion Date November 30, 2003.
27. Will County, I-55, District 1, Deck removal and replacement along with
other repairs to the existing structure carrying Bluff Road over I-55 at
Channahon. Completion Date April 15, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
28. Cook County, Unmarked Route, District 1, installation of emergency
vehicle preemption equipment at 164 signalized intersections in Forest Park,
Bellwood, Broadview, Elmwood Park, Franklin Park, Hillside, Melrose Park,
Northlake, Oak Park, River Forest, Rosemont, Schiller Park, and Westchester. 100
29. Lake County, US 45 (Lake Street), District 1, Traffic signal
modernization on US 45 (Lake Street) from Allanson Road to Diamond Lake Road in
Mundelein. 45 Working Days.
30. Lake County, US 45/IL 21, District 1, Traffic signal modernization at the
intersections along US 45/IL 21 (Milwaukee Avenue) from Busch Parkway to
Inverrary Lane at Wheeling. 35 Working Days.
31. Madison County, Main St., District 8, concrete sidewalk, curb, driveway
pavement, bituminous pavement texturing and decorative lighting along Main
Street from Seminary Street to Vandalia Street in Collinsville. 55 Working Days.
32. Champaign County, IL 130, District 5, 5.14 miles of pavement patching on
IL 130 from Philo to Windsor Road. Completion Date November 15, 2002.
33. Cook County, I-94 (Edens Expwy), District 1, Bridge painting of the
structure carrying Touhy Avenue over I-94 (Eden's Expressway) in Lincolnwood. 20
34. Cook County, Southwest Highway, District 1, Shoulder repair along 994 ft.
of Southwest Highway in Hometown. 15 Working Days.
35. Ford County, US 45, District 3, 2.5 miles of patching on US 45 from the
Ford/Champaign county line to Paxton. 15 Working Days.
36. Henry County, IL 17 FR, District 2, 0.38 miles of pavement patching and
resurfacing the south service road along IL 17, west of I-74. 15 Working Days.
37. Ogle County, IL 26 & IL 72, District 2, 3.3 miles of routing, cleaning
and sealing pavement surface cracks on IL 26 & 72 between Forreston and IL
72(W). 15 Working Days.
38. Rock Island County, Various Routes, District 2, 5.0 miles of pavement
patching on 42nd Avenue and Kennedy Drive in East Moline, also on Colona Avenue
and Moline Road at Interstate 88, all in the Quad Cities area. 40 Working Days.
39. Sangamon County, Covered Bridge Path, District 6, The installation of a
fire protection system for the Sugar Creek Covered Bridge on Old TR 353
approximately 1 mile northwest of Glenarm. 50 Working Days.
40. Shelby County, Thompson Mill Road, District 5, adding a sprinkler system
to the Thompson Mill Covered Bridge located on TR 389A east of Cowden. 50
41. Madison-St. Clair Counties, Various Routes, District 8, chemical
treatment to five existing high capacity deep wells. Three are located along
I-55/70/64 at Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, one well is located along I-64
in East St. Louis near 15th Street and one is located along IL 3 in Venice.
Completion Date June 01, 2003.
42. Stephenson County, Jane Adams Trail, District 2, Construction of access
to a parking area, bike path and sidewalk with recreational equipment on the
Burgess Trailhead site at Stephenson Street and Pecatonica River in Freeport. 60
43. Various Counties, Various Routes, District 1, Landscape renovation and
tree pruning along expressways at various locations in the district. Completion
Date June 15, 2003.
44. St. Clair-Monroe-Randolph Counties, Various Routes, District 8, At 12
locations in St. Clair, Monroe and Randolph counties, seal coating of various
routes and maintenance yards. 15 Working Days.
45. Various Counties, Various Routes, Districts 2 & 5, Replacing damaged or
deteriorated overhead sign structures and concrete foundations in District 2 and
5. Completion Date August 31, 2003.
46. Cook County, IL 64 (North Ave.), District 1, 1.01 mile of milling and
bituminous concrete surface on IL 64 (North Ave.) from IL 43 (Harlem Ave.) to
Narragansett Ave. in Elmwood Park, River Forest, Oak Park and Chicago.
Completion Date July 31, 2003 Plus 05 Working Days.
47. Perry County, IL 150 & IL 4, District 9, 7.07 miles of pavement patching,
bituminous surface removal, bituminous concrete resurfacing and 2 ft width
aggregate shoulders on IL 150 from IL 154 to IL 4; and on IL 4 from the
intersection with IL 150 southwest of Cutler extending south for 2 miles. 25
48. Will County, US 6, District 1, 4.26 km of temporary widening, temporary
pavement, drainage improvements and temporary traffic signal installation along
US 6 from east of I & M Canal to I-55 at Channahon. Completion Date March 21,
2003 Plus 02 Working Days.
49. Will County, Navajo Drive, District 1, 0.434 mile of new road
construction, drainage, bike path and lighting from US 6 and Bluff Road to
existing Navajo Drive in Channahon. Completion Date June 30, 2003 Plus 10
50. Cook County, IL 83, District 1, Removal of the existing structure and
replacement with a single span, steel beam and concrete bridge carrying IL 83
over North Creek located north of Glenwood-Lansing Road near Lynwood. Completion
Date August 30, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
51. Cook County, IL 72 (Higgins Road), District 1, Replacement of an existing
culvert on IL 72 (Higgins Road) over Tributary A of Higgins Creek with a double
concrete box culvert located near Elk Grove Village. Completion Date October 15,
2003 Plus 05 Working Days.
52. Hancock County, St Mary's Road, District 6, removal of existing
structures and replacement with a reinforced concrete box culvert and two
reinforced concrete bridges at three locations on St. Mary's Road near St. Mary.
Work also includes approaches at all three locations. 70 Working Days.
53. Johnson County, IL 146, District 9, removal of the existing bridge
carrying IL 146 over the CN/IC Railroad 2.25 miles northwest of Dixon Springs
and replacement with a 3 span concrete and steel beam bridge with a 32 ft width
roadway. 160 Working Days.
54. Kane County, IL 47, District 1, Removal and replacement of the existing
superstructure of the bridge carrying IL 47 over Blackberry Creek 1 mile south
of I-88, north of Sugar Grove. Completion Date October 09, 2003 Plus 10 Working
55. Kane County, Hill Avenue, District 1, Removal of the existing structure
and replacement with a single span bridge carrying Hill Avenue over Waubansee
Creek 0.3 km north of the Kane/Kendall County line near Aurora. Completion Date
August 30, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
56. Lake County, IL 43 (Waukegan Rd.), District 1, Removal of the existing
bridge and replacement with a single span bridge carrying IL 43 (Waukegan Road)
over North Branch of Chicago River and approach roadway work, in Lake Forest.
Completion Date September 30, 2003 Plus 15 Working Days.
57. Madison County, IL 255, District 8, construction of dual single span
structures on IL 255 over Fosterburg Road located just north of Alton.
Completion Date August 30, 2004.
58. Madison County, Lebanon Road, District 8, Removal of the two existing
bridges carrying Lebanon Road over Canteen Creek and a tributary to Canteen
Creek located 1.8 and 2 miles east of the junction with IL 159 in Collinsville.
Replace with a 3 span bridge with a 32 ft. width roadway and a double concrete
box culvert. Completion Date June 01, 2004.
59. Sangamon County, Mechanicsburg Road, District 6, removal and replacement
the bridge carrying Mechanicsburg Road over Sugar Creek, approximately 1.5 miles
east of Springfield. 185 Working Days.
60. Cook County, US 12/20/45 (LaGrange Rd), District 1, 2.97 miles of roadway
reconstruction, retaining wall construction, new box culverts, highway lighting
and traffic signal modernization on US 12/20/45 (LaGrange Road) from Cal Sag
Channel to south of 87th Street near Palos Hills and Hickory Hills. Completion
Date October 31, 2004 Plus 10 Working Days.
61. Cook County, US 12/20/45, District 1, 1.28 miles of roadway
reconstruction, structure removal and replacement, traffic signal modernization
and highway lighting along US 12/20/45 (LaGrange Road) from 87th Street to north
of IL 171, just north of Hickory Hills. Completion Date October 31, 2004 Plus 10
62. Jersey County, IL 16, District 8, Widening and resurfacing at the
intersection of IL 16 and Maple Summit Road in Jerseyville for the construction
of a left turn lane and the installation of traffic signals. 45 Working Days.
63. Scott County, Moore Road, District 6, Construction of a single span
bridge carrying CH 14 (Moore Road) over Nettles Creek. 1.4 miles west of
Winchester. 60 Working Days.
64. Cook County, Southwest Highway, District 1, new street lighting along
Southwest Highway from 76th Avenue to the Calument Sag Channel in Palos Hills.
35 Working Days.
65. Cook County, Kedzie Avenue, District 1, Traffic signal installation at
the intersection of Kedzie Avenue at 131st Street in Blue Island. 35 Working
66. Various Counties, Various Routes, District 1, Electrical maintenance of
traffic signals, highway lighting, pump stations, surveillance equipment and
other electrical systems in the district. Completion Date December 31, 2003.
67. Franklin County, IL 154, District 9, 3.34 miles of pavement patching,
bituminous surface removal, bituminous concrete resurfacing and 2 ft width
aggregate shoulders on IL 154 from east of IL 148 in Sesser to east of Rend City
Road. 25 Working Days.
68. Cook-Lake Counties, Unmarked Route, District 1, Construction of a bicycle
path on Commonwealth Edison ROW from north of Marie Avenue south to Hastings
Subdivision. The south path begins at Hastings Lane east along the west
Wisconsin Central Railroad ROW then south to Dundee Road in Wheeling. 60 Working
69. Various Counties, Various Routes, District 1, Repair of motorist caused
damage to landscape at various locations. Completion Date May 31, 2003.
70. Winnebago County, IL 2, District 2, Removal and replacement of the box
culvert carrying IL 2 over unnamed stream located 1.2 miles south of Beltline
Road near Rockford. 40 Working Days.
71. Woodford County, I-39, District 3, 3.0 miles of patching on Interstate
from El Paso to Panola. 15 Working Days.
72. Lake County, IL 83, District 1, Intersection reconstruction and traffic
signal modernization on IL 83 at Washington Street, in Grayslake. Completion
Date September 03, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
73. Sangamon County, IL 29, District 6, On IL 29 from 2.1 miles northwest of
the Christian County Line extending 5.47 miles northwest to John Street in
Rochester-- construction of a new four-lane expressway and the widening of the
bridge over Black Branch. Completion Date August 10, 2004.
74. Sangamon County, Wabash, Macarthur/Stanford, District 6 1.75 miles of new
construction for a major intersection at Wabash Avenue, MacArthur Boulevard and
Stanford Avenue. Work on Wabash Ave. begins just west of Park Ave. and continues
to 500 feet east of the existing Wabash curve, ending on Stanford Avenue, all in
Springfield. On MacArthur Boulevard, work begins 700 feet south of the existing
Wabash curve and continues northward to just north of Highland Avenue. Also,
included is the partial reconstruction of Park Avenue, Lincoln Avenue and Thayer
Ave. Completion Date November 01, 2003.
75. Winnebago County, US 20, District 2, 0.81 miles of bituminous concrete
resurfacing consisting of left turn lanes and installing traffic signals at US
20 and Pecatonica Road south of Pecatonica. 50 Working Days.
76. Cook County, IL 7, District 1, Removal and replacement of the existing
superstructure and other repairs and navigational lighting on the bridge
carrying IL 7 over Calumet Sag Channel in Palos Heights. Completion Date October
01, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
77. Cook County, 127th Street, District 1, Removal of the existing structure
carrying 127th Street over Navajo Creek a replacement with a triple concrete box
culvert, along with roadway widening and resurfacing on 127th Street from Harlem
Avenue (IL 43) to 70th Avenue in Palos Heights. Completion Date October 01, 2003
Plus 05 Working Days.
78. Cook County, IL 58 (Golf Road), District 1, 1.28 km of intersection
reconstruction on IL 58 (Golf Road) at US 45 (Des Plaines River Road). Also
includes replacement of the structure carrying Golf Road over the Des Plaines in
Des Plaines. Completion Date October 31, 2003 Plus 10 Working Days.
79. Madison County, IL 255, District 8, construction of dual 3 span bridges
to carry IL 255 over the East Fork of Wood River at Bethalto. Completion Date
July 31, 2005.
80. Shelby County, IL 128, District 5, Replacement of the structure carrying
the Union Pacific Railroad over IL 128 north of Shelbyville. Completion Date
November 01, 2003 Plus 15 Working Days.
81. Will County, US 6/US 52, District 1, Removal and replacement of the
existing deck and superstructure of the US 6/US 52 (McDonough Street) bridge
over Des Plaines River in Joliet. Completion Date September 30, 2003 Plus 20
82. Kendall County, IL 31, District 3, Improvement of the intersection of
Mill Road and IL 31 consisting of bituminous concrete widening and resurfacing,
traffic signal installation, bi-directional lanes, turn lanes and shoulder
reconstruction. Located in Oswego. Completion Date September 01, 2003.
83. Lake County, US 41 (Skokie Hwy.), District 1, Traffic signal
modernization on US 41 (Skokie Highway) from IL 21 (Milwaukee Ave.) to Stearns
School Road in Gurnee. 35 Working Days.
84. Will County, Caton Farm Road, District 1, 1.07 km bituminous pavement
reconstruction, additional turn lanes, concrete curb and gutter, traffic signals
at IL 59, drainage structures on Caton Farm Road from west of Pebble Beach Drive
to east of Cryden Lane, west of Crest Hill. Completion Date November 30, 2003
Plus 35 Working Days.
85. Bureau County, Old Dad Joe Trail, District 2, Installation of a fire
protection system for Red Covered Bridge over Bureau Creek located just north of
Princeton. 30 Working Days.
86. Various Counties, Various Routes, District 3, Cleaning and painting of
structural steel on six bridges at the following locations: US 52 east of
Ashkum, IL 23 north of Streator, US 34 west of Earlville, Business Route 51
(Northbound) in Bloomington, LeRoy Spur south of LeRoy, and IL 18 (Eastbound) in
Streator. 50 Working Days.
87. Jackson County, IL 13, District 9, addition of right turn lanes at three
of the four approaches to the intersection of IL 13 and Williams Street in
Murphysboro along with the installation of traffic signals Completion Date
December 20, 2002.
88. Williamson County, IL 37, District 9, 1.90 km of pavement patching,
bituminous surface removal, bituminous concrete base course widening, bituminous
concrete resurfacing, curb and gutter, building removal, storm sewers and
traffic signals on IL 37 through Johnston City. 150 Working Days
89. Champaign-Coles Counties, Various Routes, District 5, scour
countermeasures at existing structures at various locations. 45 Working Days
91. Various Counties, Various Routes, District 7, Scour mitigation at 12
structures located on various routes throughout District 7. 65 Working Days
92. Mercer County, New Boston Road, District 4, 1.564 miles bituminous
widening and resurfacing, combination concrete curb and gutter, concrete deck
beam bridge, culverts and other collateral work on New Boston Road, 1.5 miles
south from Rock Island - Mercer County Line. 140 Working Days.
1A. DeKalb –Taylor Municipal Airport, DeKalb, DeKalb County, Relocation of
Pleasant Street and Localizer
3A. St. Louis Downtown Airport, Cahokia, St. Clair County, Extend and
Rehabilitate Omni Drive
1LR. Bureau County, Reclamation of the Cheery C.C. #2 Mine, The proposed
reclamation project is located on the north edge of Cherry. The proposed work
includes approximately 18,200 cu yds of Mine Refuse Excavation, 12,500 cu yds of
Earth Excavation, 342 cu yds of Special Excavation, 451 of CA-6 Fill, 27 sq yds
of Stone Riprap A-3, the sealing of 2 mine openings, installation of 2 new
drainage inlets, installation of a 15-inch Pipe Culvert and the seeding and soil
amendments for approximately 8 acres.
2LR. Macoupin County, Reclamation of the Hoosier #5 Mine, The proposed
reclamation project is located approximately 1 mile north of Mount Olive. The
proposed work requires demolition and removal of structures and partially
excavating and resealing a filled mine shaft with a history venting methane gas.
The project includes an estimated 1,700 cu yds of Borrow Excavation, 1,200 cu
yds of special excavation, 100 cu yds of Class SI concrete, the installation of
a steel vent pipe, the demolition of numerous footings and foundations, and
seeding and soil amendments for approximately 1.5 acres.