· The DBE Plan and DBE Participation Statement (forms SBE 2026 and SBE 2025) must be submitted with the bid.
· Good faith documentation can still be submitted with the bid.
· Electronic submission of GFE documentation is offered as a convenience to contractors who have a large number of documents associated with their GFE.
· Multiple GFE files can be uploaded at the same time, but only for one Letting Item at time.
· Maximum file size is 10 MB. Files that are greater than 10 MB must be divided into smaller files.
Getting Registered on the Vendor Documents System (VDS)
All contractors must be registered in order to submit their Good Faith Efforts electronically. If you are not registered, follow the steps below. If you are already registered, skip to Login Instructions for Registered Users below.
and click on the link for New User Registration.
2. Enter the required information for all of the fields and then click on the Save & Register button.
3. You will then see a confirmation that the information has been submitted and you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Vendor Document System in order to upload the electronic files of your Good Faith Effort documentation. Included with the email will be a temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password after logging into the system.
Logging in to the Vendor Documents System for the First Time
1. Click on the link provided in the Registration Information email that you received following the New User Registration.
2. Enter your login ID which is your Federal Employer Identification Number/Taxpayer Identification Number.
3. Enter your temporary password (welcome).
4. Click on the Login button.
5. For security purposes, you will be prompted to enter a question and an answer that only you know. This security question will be utilized if you forget your password and need to have it reset.
6. Enter and confirm your new password. You will then be returned to the initial Login screen.
7. Enter your Login ID and your new password and then click on the Login Button.
Login Instructions for Registered Users.
Enter your Login ID and your password and then click on the Login Button.
Click on the GFE Documents button.
Uploading your GFE Documents
Enter your contractor
ID, Name and select the letting date.
2. From the Contract Number drop-down menu, (small down arrow to the right of the window) select the appropriate contract number (Only the contracts that will appear are those on which your company is authorized to bid).
3. Enter the Item number.
4. Click on the Browse button. This will open a window that will allow you to go to the files on your computer.
5. Select the GFE file associated with the Item#/Contract Number.
6. Click the Add button.
7. Click the Attach File button.
8. You have now submitted your GFE and can Logout by clicking on the link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Files can only be uploaded one-at-a-time. If you have multiple files associated with an item number/contract number repeat steps 4 through 7 above until all files are uploaded.
If you have GFEs for more than one Item Number/Contract Number, repeat steps 2 through 8 above.