Growth and Training of
Addressing Sexual Harassment –
This seminar focuses on
increasing an employee’s awareness of IDOT’s sexual harassment policy.
Participants are made aware of the zero tolerance aspect of the policy.
The sensitive nature of sexual harassment impacts on workplace activity is
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Supervisor Training
– This course introduces employees to the American with Disabilities Act
Assert Yourself! Developing Techniques for Personal Success – This seminar is designed for anyone who wants
to take charge and live life. Developing positive assertiveness can
mean the difference in creating personal success and making things happen
for you. Developing assertiveness is more than just learning to talk
differently. Being assertive requires thinking assertively, feeling
confident and behaving positively.
Communicating Through Colors
– This seminar focuses on identifying individual color (temperament) style.
It provides a new understanding of learning and communication styles
according to “colors” of participants.
Conflict Through Colors
– This seminar will assist participants in understanding their reaction to
conflict and allows them to achieve new levels of success in dealing with
difficult situations (Prerequisite: Communicating Through Colors).
– This seminar focuses on the essentials for providing excellent customer
service. How you handle people can directly enhance customer relationships
and organizational success.
– This seminar focuses on all areas of employee differences, including, but
not limited to, gender, ethnicity, race, age, disability, and cultural
Effective Personnel Practices
– This seminar focuses on IDOT personnel policies, procedures and practices
as applied to the management and supervision of subordinates.
Get Self-ish: Increasing Your Confidence & Self-Esteem
– This seminar focuses on self-improvement, self-confidence and most
important of all, self-esteem. You will feel more satisfied with your
career, strengthen your personal relationships, handle tough times with
confidence and develop a positive attitude. It will help you “Get
– This seminar focuses on the value of goals and the importance of
fundamental goal setting. Participants will create an action plan for their
– This course addresses the study of the relationship between people and
their work environment. Features of the training include: understanding
ergonomics and why it is important to you, defining cumulative trauma
disorders and learning how to prevent them; and identifying and evaluating
ergonomic factors in your work area and making the appropriate adjustments
to create a more ergonomically correct work station with the equipment you
– This seminar focuses on providing information on IDOT's major policies,
procedures, benefits, and other issues to new employees.
Positive Stress Management
– This is a certified stress management seminar focusing on the positive use
Stand Out! How to Present a Good Impression
– This seminar focuses on how to gain the competitive edge at work. Learn
how to break out of your rut and get noticed!
Team Building Through Colors
– This seminar focuses on why teams do or do not work effectively as a
group. It identifies the consequences of poor teamwork, the importance of
understanding different personality types on the same team, and how to
maintain quality teamwork (Prerequisite: Communicating Through
– This seminar provides a great overview/refresher of some of the essentials
in providing excellent customer service. It identifies and discusses
difficult situations encountered with customers, reviews behaviors of
difficult customers and discusses how our behavior, tone of voice, and
statements are perceived by the public.
The Self Motivator: Get Fired Up!
– Many of us need rejuvenating from time to time. We need our own spirits
lifted. We can hold no one responsible for our own personal or
professional success outside ourselves. Personal motivation is a must!
Personal motivation is just that - PERSONAL. This seminar is designed
to provide the tools that will show you how to develop motivational habits
that could make a positive impact on you and your world.
– This seminar focuses on the skills of time management as it relates to
your IDOT career and personal life.
Facing Changing Times
seminar focuses on workplace change and how it affects IDOT employees
personally and professionally. Participants will discuss adaptive tools to
assist them in becoming more resilient in their response to change.
Writing 101: Back to the Basics
– This seminar is designed as a review of the “basics.” It will concentrate
on all those rules we tend to forget such as proofing, sentence structure,
editing, capitalization, punctuation, use of numerals, and subject verb
agreement. It will be conducted in a non-threatening, non-embarrassing
environment. Good writing skills will increase your credibility,
promotability and agency knowledge.