Proficiency Series (ALPS)
Assessing IDOT Programs and Issues – This seminar focuses on the ability of participants to analyze
information and to prepare and deliver a 30-minute team presentation to
– This seminar focuses on the cause, effect, and consequences of unresolved
conflict among IDOT employees.
– This seminar focuses on all areas of employee differences, including, but
not limited to gender, ethnicity, race, age, disability, and cultural
Effective Coaching Skills
– This seminar focuses on defining and managing the coaching roles of
motivator, guide, teacher, and mentor. Learners will evaluate issues
that are present in coaching situations and identify skills needed to
effectively perform coaching roles.
Effective Personnel Practices
– This seminar focuses on IDOT personnel policies, procedures and practices
as applied to the management and supervision of subordinates.
Positive Presentation Skills
– Participants will learn how to develop and deliver highly effective,
quality presentations and successfully engage in the flow of information.
Supervisor’s Guide to Safety
– As a manager, you are responsible for every employee under your authority.
This responsibility includes their safety and health as they perform their
daily job functions. Through this course, you will gain a better
understanding of safety in the workplace.
Leader Within –
This seminar focuses on applying management principles to create a climate
that encourages individual and group motivation and enhances productivity.
Time Management and Goal Setting – This seminar focuses on the two skills of time management and goal
setting as they relate to your IDOT career and personal life.
Understanding Yourself and Team Building
– This seminar focuses on why teams do or do not work effectively as a
group. It identifies the consequences of poor teamwork, the importance
of understanding different personality types on the same team and how to
maintain quality teamwork.