Surplus Equipment Sales
Legislative change to Sale of Used IDOT Vehicles and Equipment
Effective January 1, 2012
(20 ILCS 2705/2705-575)
This Statute now requires IDOT to offer our retired equipment to: (in order)
- other State Agencies
- Local Units of Government (LUG)
- general public
The Department of Central Management Services (CMS) has been charged with this new format. Once this equipment has cleared other State Agency offerings, it will be offered to LUG’s through a web based program similar to the State’s current I BID program.
Once an item has cleared the LUG offering, it will be offered to the general
This program allows users to view items and bid for them on line.
LUG’s are required to register and create an account. You will then be notified by e-mail when IDOT items are up for auction on this site.
HOW TO REGISTER (Local Units of Government)
- All auctions will take place on
www.32auctions.com Navigate to this site and click the “LOGIN” button in the top right corner.
- Click the “Create Account” button
- Please use the following format for entering your user information:
- For “Email Address” type in your authorized buyer’s email address.
You must be able to receive email at this address. The system will
require you to confirm your email address in the next steps.
- For “ First Name” enter the ENTIRE first and last name of your
- For “Last Name” enter your
state tax ID number
- For “Bidder Name” Enter the name of your organization. Abbreviate if
you need to, but we will need to be able to identify you by bidder name.
- Enter a password and the phone number of your authorized buyer.
- Once this information is entered, the system will send you an email to
confirm your registration. You will need to click the link in your email in
order to finalize your registration.
- After the registration is confirmed, please browse to the following URL
to view the DOT auction items:
- Click on the link to request access to participate in this IDOT Spring
- A DOT representative will confirm your registration and send you an
email to allow you to bid on this auction.
- Check back often. You will be able to preview vehicles as they are
posted on the auction website. The auction will begin at a designated time
to be determined.
If you have questions please contact the Bureau of Business Services at 217-785-7144.